New HLD3 Loop System!
The sleek, new Contacta HLD3 hearing loop system is the ultimate in home, small group and vehicle loop systems. When installed and used properly, the Contacta HLD3 loop system will help you hear beautiful, clear sound again via the telecoils in your hearing aids, or via a loop receiver if you don’t wear hearing aids. What will you be able to hear via the Contacta HLD3 loop system? The short answer is anything connected to this loop system.
Typically it would be your TV or other audio device you want to listen to. However, because it is so portable, you can also use it in your car, or in small groups and meetings.
Note: for use in small groups and meetings, whoever is speaking must speak into a microphone connected to the loop system.
Order the Contacta HLD3 Hearing Loop system for your home for just $249.00.
Built-in Digital Interface—Doesn’t Need an External Digital Converter
Unique to the Contacta HLD3 loop amplifier is that it has a digital input for both PCM [stereo] and Dolby surround sound. The result? If you have a newer TV, you never should have to fool around with digital to analog converters (DAC) again!
(Note: the various sound formats including Dolby are constantly evolving and now include more than 80 different formats. The HLD3 recognizes a number of these formats, but not the new ones that just came out recently. In any case, even though the TV may receive one of these many formats, setting the TV’s audio output to PCM (stereo) seems to always solve any sound problems and works great. If your TV is using a non-compatible audio format, the audio output may sound “fluttery”. That is your clue to switch the audio output to PCM from Dolby and all should be well.)
The Contacta HLD3 loop system replaces the venerable DLS-50 and CLS-1 Univox loop systems that served so well in the past, but it has greater connectivity, power and clarity.
Here’s How the New Contacta HLD3 Benefits You
- Easy to set up and use right out of the box—just plug in the power cord, the audio cord from your TV (or other audio device) and the loop wire (or loop pad) and you are ready to go. It’s that simple!
- Compatible with all telecoil-equipped hearing aids, cochlear implants and loop receivers.
- When installed properly, the Contacta HLD3 loop amplifier meets current IEC 60118-4 standards for loop systems regarding overall signal strength, evenness of coverage inside the looped area and flatness of frequency response. The result is that you hear beautiful, clear sound wherever you sit inside the looped area.
- Ideal for listening to a TV, radio or stereo without interfering background noise when you listen via the telecoils (t-coils) in your hearing aids.
- Three indicator lights let you know the system is working properly. The “power” indicator glows green when the power is on. The “input” indicator glows green when there is a sound signal coming into the HLD3 loop amplifier from your TV (or other sound source). The “output” indicator glows green when your room loop (or loop pad) is putting out a loop signal into the room.
- Loops an area with a perimeter of 100 feet and even more (roughly an area up to around 700 square feet (depending on the room shape and on the construction materials used in the floor) so you can loop almost any room in your home.
- Accepts both both analog audio inputs (RCA or standard 1/8″ [3.5 mm] plugs) and digital (optical) audio inputs (TOSLink). Thus will connect to any TV or audio device.
- Has digital TOSLink (optical) input so you don’t need a digital to analog converter (DAC) to connect your digital TV to the loop amplifier. Just use the included optical (TOSLink) cable and plug it directly into your TVs digital (optical) audio output TOSLink jack. Note: the HLD3 loop amplifier accepts both PCM (standard stereo) and many, but not all of the 80+ other formats like Dolby (surround sound) digital inputs. (The HLD3 is the only loop amplifier to do this.) The result is that you don’t have to wonder whether you’ll need a PCM DAC or a Dolby DAC—you shouldn’t need either one.
- Has the best high-frequency compensation in the industry. This gives you additional clarity so you understand better what you hear.
- For portable or permanent installations. It’s simple to disconnect and move to another location.
- Superior digital sound processor for maximum clarity.
- Adjustable gain (power) control.
- Most powerful amplifier in its class. About 25% more powerful than the Univox CLS-1 (DLS-50) home loop system we used to carry.
- On-off switch (if you like to turn things off when not in use), but you can permanently leave it on so it is always ready to go whenever you turn your TV on. (This is what I do.) With your TV off, the power drain is negligible.
And Still More Benefits!
- Has 2 inputs so you can listen to the TV (or other audio device) and also hear a person conversing with you at the same time via a separate (optional) microphone.
- The earphone/headphone/audio output jack on the back lets you listen via headphones if you should ever want to. Or you can pass through the audio signal to another audio device. This means you don’t have to worry about using “Y” adapters if you only have one audio output jack and two devices to which you want to pass the signal.
- Small size—only 5.8″ wide x 4.25″ deep x 1.5″ high.
- Light weight. Weighs just 18 oz.
- Built to last. Strong metal case.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Comes with 3 easy to follow guides.
—1-page HLD3 Quick Install Guide
—9-page HLD3 Installation Guide
—3-page HLD3 Operation and Maintenance Manual
- If you haven’t already done so, read this article about using home loop systems like the Contacta HLD3 loop amplifier.
|“I am very pleased with the performance of the HLD3 Loop Driver. It gives me greater volume and clarity so I have retired the streamer that came with my Resound hearing aids.”—W. A.|
Order the Contacta HLD3 Hearing Loop system for your home for just $249.00. Includes the HLD3 loop amplifier, A/C power adapter, RCA audio patch-cord, TOSLink optical cable and instructions.
If you want to use the loop system to hear someone talking, you will need a microphone for the speaker to talk into. You can plug almost any microphone into the back of the HLD3 We recommend the Contacta lapel microphone if you don’t already have a microphone.