Inherited condition in which both parents carry an abnormal recessive gene. More technically, where both genes of a gene pair are required to produce a physical characteristic (such as hearing loss). Recessive characteristics are passed only if both parents have the same recessive gene. Thus each child born to a parent with the same recessive genes for hearing loss will have a 25% chance of being hard of hearing; a 50% chance of carrying the gene without having any hearing loss, and a 25% chance of not having a hearing loss and not carrying the recessive gene.
Recessive Genetic Condition