With the Seeing and Hearing Speech program now you can learn to speechread in the privacy of your own home.
- Work at your own speed.
- Do the lessons you want in the order you want.
- Self-study program. The computer never gets tired or exasperated when you ask it to repeat things until you get them.
- Lessons arranged in four groups, each emphasizing a different aspect of speech:
- stress, intonation and length
- everyday communication
- Gives you practice speechreading, not with just one instructor like you get in the classroom, but with eleven different people—6 women and 5 men. Some are very easy to speechread and others are more difficult. This way you learn to speechread all kinds of people, not just the easy ones.
- Replay speech segments in slow motion so you can better see the nuances of speech movements. This greatly helps you learn to speechread if you are having trouble “catching” speech at normal speed.
- Combine speechreading with speech. You will be amazed how well you can speechread if you can hear some of the speech at the same time. Set the volume anywhere from normal speech volume to a faint whisper.
- Add in the background noises of your choice to help you improve your speechreading skills when interfering sounds are present. Choose from:
- party noise
- factory noise
- traffic noise
- calypso music
- jazz music
- Over 100 interactive lessons containing more than 1,200 speech utterances. This will give you endless hours of practice.
- Choose from practice mode and test mode.
- In practice mode, you select the word or phrase to be presented and learn how these words look on a person’s face. Practice as many times as you want.
- In test mode the program displays someone talking and you choose what you think is the correct answer from a list of choices. You can test yourself at any time. The program automatically keeps track of your scores and graphs them on charts so you can see your progress at a glance.
Computer System Requirements—Windows
- Intel Pentium III (300 MHz) or faster processor
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 operating system
- 256 MB of RAM or more
- 500 MB or more of available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
(Almost any modern computer far exceeds these minimum standards so you should have no problem running this CD on your computer.)
Note: if you have a Mac you may still be able to run this program. “Seeing and Hearing Speech” will run natively on older Macs running OS9 and below. It is not directly compatible with OSX. Some Macintosh computers will allow you to run OS9 or “Classic” software from OSX, but newer Intel-based Macs do not support this feature.
If you are running a Mac with an Intel processor, or if you are running any Mac with OSX Leopard, Seeing and Hearing Speech will not run natively on your machine. Because of the confusion and many incompatibilities, we have discontinued selling Seeing and Hearing Speech as a Mac product.
That said, you can easily run the Windows version of Seeing and Hearing Speech on a Mac running either Apple’s Boot Camp (free with OSX 10.5 Leopard and above) or SWsoft’s Parallels. Here is more information on Boot Camp and Parallels.
Note: You will need to own a copy of the Windows XP or Vista installer, or buy one, to run Windows using Boot Camp or Parallels.
This excellent Seeing and Hearing Speech Program comes complete with printed Manual and CD.
Order your Seeing and Hearing Speech CD now for only $85.00 and put yourself on the road to easier and better communication.