The Serene Innovations RF-200 Cell Phone Ringer/Flasher is one cool device if you are hard of hearing and are “married” to your smart phone.
The Serene Innovations RF-200 Cell Phone Signaler/Flasher is a desktop or bed-table signaling device for landline and mobile phones. It will notify you when you have incoming calls by phone, Skype, FaceTime and text messages.
You’ll find it so useful that you’ll want one for your bed-table at night (with bed shaker) and one for your desk (or wherever you spend most of your time) during the day. Read our article on this wonderful device called “Cool Ring Alerter for Your Cell Phone“.
- Works with both cell phones and landline phones: Never miss a call whether it is from your landline phone or your cell phone.
- Easy to use: For cell phones, just place the phone on the RF-200 cradle (as shown) and the RF-200 will flash and sound an alert when it detects the vibration of your cell phone.For landline phones, simply plug the included 7′ long phone cord into the back of the RF-200 and into any phone wall jack.After you answer a call, simply press the reset button on the top right corner of the RF-200 and its ready to alert you to the next call.
- Alerts to both incoming calls and text messages: If you have a smart phone, the RF-200 can be set to alert you to text (SMS) messages as well as incoming phone calls. To use the text messaging alert, plug in the short coiled cord between the base unit and the earphone jack on your smart phone. (If you have an Android or iPhone, you can program them with a special text vibration pattern so you don’t even need the short coiled cord! That sure makes receiving text messages more convenient.)
- Instantly distinguish between landline phone calls and cell phone calls/text messages: You’ll know instantly whether to answer your landline phone or your cell phone. When a cell phone call comes in, the two “side” lights and the two top corner lights will flash consecutively in a clockwise rotating pattern. When a landline phone call comes in, the top “corner” lights on the RF-200 will flash together.The ringer pattern for cell phone calls is a lower-pitched tone that warbles 3 times, then pauses, then 3 times, etc. The ringer pattern for a landline call is a higher-pitched tone that warbles 5 times, pauses, 5 times, etc.
- Test Button: The test button (lower right side, beside the power on light) cycles through the three distinctive ring patterns/flasher patterns—first going to cell phone pattern, then landline phone pattern, then emergency message pattern.
- Visual Alerts: Even if you can’t hear a thing, the bright blue flashing lights will grab your attention when a call or message comes in.
- Loud Ringer: If you can’t hear well, set the ringer volume to high on the RF-200. It’s loud! You’ll have a hard time not hearing it then. You can set the ringer volume to low if you have normal hearing, or to off if you only want visual alerts.
- Optional Bed Shaker: With the optional bed shaker plugged in, you’ll not sleep through any more phone calls or messages. Just put the bed shaker under your mattress or under your pillow and you will wake up when it begins vibrating.The bed shaker vibrates in two different patterns—for incoming cell phone calls/messages it is a pattern of a long vibration followed by a very short vibration. For incoming landline calls it is a series of long vibrations.
- Works with Cell Phone Alerting Apps: One cool undocumented feature is that you can use the RF-200 with any cell phone app you have that vibrates your phone such as count down timers, wake-up alarms, etc. This doubles the functionality of the RF-200 at no extra cost. The ring and flasher pattern for such alerts/alarms is identical to those for cell phone calls/messages. You need to hit the RESET button after an alert/alarm to turn off the lights.
- Alerts you to Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA): Don’t miss any public emergency broadcast warnings. If you have your phone set to receive government emergency alerts (if provided by your wireless carrier), when an emergency alert comes in, your phone will emit a unique ring and flash pattern. The ring sound is a high-low, high-low emergency vehicle sound. The lights flash in a repeated crisscross pattern. The top left corner light and the right side light flash, then the top right corner light and the left side light flash, etc.
- Lights warn you if you have missed any calls or messages: For cell phone calls or messages, if you miss a call (do not answer, or do not press the RESET button) all 4 flasher lights stay on. This feature does not work with landline phone calls, just for cell phone calls and messages.
- Charges your cell phone while it is in the cradle: The RF-200 comes with a USB recharging port. Charge your phone while you work or sleep. Simply plug the recharging cord that came with your phone into the USB port. That way your cell phone will always be fully charged whenever you grab it. No more awaking to a dead cell phone (and missed calls).
- User Guide: Comes with easy-to-read user guide that leads you step by step through the various steps in using your new cell phone alerter. RF-200 Cell/Phone Ringer/Flasher User’s Guide.
- Battery backup: Gives you uninterrupted operation even if the power fails. Uses 4 AA alkaline batteries (not included) for back-up in case your power fails.
- Dimensions: Approximately 4½” wide x 3½” deep x 3⅝” high.
- Comes Ready to Go: Includes RF-200 signaler/flasher, phone cord, short coiled “messaging” cord, AC adapter and user guide.
- Buy with confidence: 1 year warranty.
Order the RF-200 Cell/Phone Ringer/Flasher for daytime use (no bed shaker) (HC-RF200) for just $68.50. (Cell phone not included.)
Or, order the RF-200 Cell/Phone Ringer/Flasher for nighttime use (including bed shaker) (HC-RF200bs) for just $93.27. (Cell phone not included.)
If you already have the RF-200 Cell/Phone Ringer/Flasher, but did not get the one with the bed shaker, you can order the bed shaker separately (HC–S/Shaker) for just $24.77.