Wonderful digital FM receiver and FM radio
I love this little FM radio that doubles as an FM receiver for compatible FM systems such as you often find it churches and in some public buildings. You can also use this as the receiver for various personal FM systems. This Orpheus FM radio/receiver is a unique assistive device. It combines both the functions of a digitally-tunable FM receiver (all channels in the 72 – 76 M Hz ALD band), and a standard FM broadcast radio (88 – 108 MHz), and still costs less than a single or dual channel FM receiver. Order your FM Radio/FM Receiver for $74.77.
- Lots of volume: I can hear this unit very well using the earbuds, even with my severe 80 dB hearing loss. In fact, I only need to use it at half volume! (I measured the output at about 85 dB at half volume. At full volume you can get well over 100 dB if you need this kind of volume).
- LCD Display: When the unit is turned on, the display shows the frequency of the station/channel to which you are listening. It is blank when the unit is turned off.
- Number of Channels: Tunes to all the channels in the 72 – 76 MHz ALD band, plus tunes across the whole FM radio broadcast band (88 – 108 MHz).
- Five Preset Buttons: You can set the 5 preset buttons to your favorite radio or ALD FM channels. Then, at the press of a button you can switch channels. To set a present button to a given channel, all you do—when you are on the channel you want—is press the “set” button, then whichever of the 5 present buttons you want to use (M1 – M5). It’s that easy.
- Digital Scanning: If you go to a new venue and don’t know what FM channel they are using, just hold the scan button down for 1 second and the unit will automatically scan for the channel being used. (Note: if you have the version with the radio, it will stop at all the available FM stations too. If this happens, just press and hold the button again to skip past this station.) You can scan either up or down the band. To stop scanning, just press either the up or down scanning button.
- Lock Button: Once you have the unit set to the channel or station you want, you can press the lock button to lock out all the other buttons. This prevent it from inadvertently changing channels or scanning if you accidentally bump or press one of the buttons. This is a great feature if you are active and doing something while listening to the radio. When the lock button is on, you will see a key at the top of the display window.
- Neck Lanyard: Comes with a quick disconnect neck strap for your convenience. (See bottom picture.) Just wear it around your neck and forget it’s there. Weighs just 3 ounces (80 g) with batteries installed.
- Stereo or Mono: Set it for stereo listening (FM radio) or mono listening (FM ALD band).
- Earbud/Earphone Jack: Uses the industry standard 1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo jack so you can use your favorite earbuds or earphones with this unit if you don’t want to use the supplied earbuds.
- Works with Music Links & Neckloops: If you want to use this unit with your hearing aids, just plug either the Music Links or a neckloop into the earphone jack, switch your hearing aids to t-coil mode, and hear beautiful clear sound. (Since neckloops are mono devices and have mono plugs, I recommend that you get the Radio Shack stereo to mono adapter (Part # 274-374) for $2.99 so you can hear via both stereo channels (FM radio) and at the same time not short out one stereo channel on this FM unit.)
- Radio Orpheus FM receiver/FM radio (3½” x 1⅞” x ¾”). Uses 2 AAA batteries which give about 12 hours of listening time (not included).
- Deluxe stereo ear buds (left).
- Detachable lanyard for wearing around your neck (right).
- Instructions: Read the Radio Orpheus Instruction Manual here.
- Quantity discounts apply automatically at time of checkout. You’ll get a pleasant surprise if you purchase more than 5 units. The more you purchase, the greater the discount! Order the FM Radio/FM Receiver for $74.77 each (up to 5 units).
You’ll Love Using Your FM Orpheus FM Receiver/FM Radio:
The Radio Orpheus receiver is a wonderful FM receiver for church. You can have your own FM receiver (you’ll know it always works and has good batteries) and use it in any church or venue that uses one of the FM channels in the 72 to 76 Mhz band that are set aside for Assistive Listening Devices.
Since it has both digital tuning and digital scanning, you don’t need to worry about whether you have the right crystals for the channel your church is using. Just scan the band and your Orpheus radio will automatically lock on to the frequency your church or theater is using.
P.S. If the pastor gets boring, you can surreptitiously switch to the FM radio band and listen to whatever game is being broadcast at the time. However, when your team scores a touchdown, you have to remember to shout “Amen,” not “Yahoo”!
Order your FM Radio/FM Receiver for $74.77.
P.P.S. If you are a pastor and want to prevent the above, you can order this same receiver for your church, but one that will not tune to the FM broadcast band!
Order your FM Receiver only (no radio) for $74.77.